Monday, May 9, 2011

As a member of The Atlanta Artists Center I can submit my artwork for showing at several local facilities, so I submitted 3 pieces to be included in the May Buckhead Library Mixed Media exhibit.  I also volunteered to help with the show setup, tear down and reception.  We had 90 minutes to take down about 60 pieces and hang another 60 pieces.  What a great group of artists !  They welcomed me with open arms, showed me how it was done, and everything was magically done just in time.  The next day we were there again introducing ourselves to the visitors at the opening reception.  This is a wonderful mixed media exhibit in a modern library building that is flooded with lots of natural light.  Will be doing this again next year - in a bigger way ! 

2 comments:

Denise Clason Studios said...

Congratulations, DIANE! So happy for you! What a great event to say, "now I've had a showing!" so proud of you!

Diane said...

Thanks so much for your kind words of support Denise - you are truly a very special friend and 'art collector' !